Dr Marilyn Glenville PhD is the UK’s leading nutritionist specialising in women’s health. For over twenty five years Dr Glenville has studied and practiced nutritional therapy both in the UK and the USA, specialising in natural approaches to female hormones problems. She is also a popular international speaker and is the author of six internationally best-selling books. Her book: ‘Fat Around the Middle’ is the subject for this episode in the Radio Lifestyle podcast series.
In this episode Dr Glenville talks about the fat around the middle of your body being the most dangerous area to store fat and what you can do to help yourself, she discusses:
- The obesity crisis, coming up from the younger generations, especially children
- Dangers of fat being deposited prominently around your middle
- The importance of the Body Mass Index (BMI)
- The 80/20 rule of eating
- Muscle is metabolically active and therefore burns fat
- The importance of Vitamin D
- Dr Glenville’s top health tips
- The importance of checking food labels for hidden sugars in foods e.g. salad dressings, fruit yogurts, pasta sauces, children’s breakfast cereals etc.
To access more of Dr Glenville’s work you can visit her site: https://www.marilynglenville.com